Reporting to the Subcontractor Manager, you will use your expert knowledge of Subcontractor Default Insurance(SDI)/Qualification program to impact others within the Risk Team. In this role, you will analyze/review subcontractor qualification submittal packages, forge strong relationships with project teams/subcontractors, participate/facilitate training sessions to promote SDI use while maintaining risk management best practices, and exercising judgement to complete competing tasks.
Bring your experience and join Ledcor's Risk Management team!
- Advising, using established policies on insurance prequalification program to operating groups; drive and influence trade partner decisions by providing metrics and analysis
- Use expanded knowledge to complete risk assessments of potential or current subcontractors using standard procedures
- Escalate and propose effective subcontractor insurance risk mitigation strategies using financial/operational topics and industry expertise
- Understanding CPA prepared financial statements, analyzing subcontractor work on hand schedules, interpreting liquidity/working capital levels, and understanding operational/safety programs
- Solve problems within SDI program using established precedents and ensure database integrity
- Engage with Ledcor 3rd party insurance brokers to review program policies and endorsements
- Facilitate formal risk management training sessions to promote and reinforce responsible risk management practices and ensure compliance with corporate policies
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a risk management, underwriting (surety or commercial) or supply chain management role
- Experience with SDI qualification toolset TradeTapp, Bespoke, or other 3rd party qualification program an asset
- Self-management skills to plan, organize and prioritize tasks with conflicting deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service skills, comfortable and capable of various forms of outreach/communication with subcontractors
- Excellent knowledge of financial statements and financial analysis
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and professional judgement
- This is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required to attend the office as business needs require
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Nov 29, 2022
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
6405 Mira Mesa Boulevard, San Diego, CA, United States