You are a Project Controls Specialist with experience in engineering and construction-based cost and scheduling systems. You can respond to project stakeholder requests in typical situations, understand client needs and can identify and solve issues. In this role, you will perform reporting, scheduling and provide technical and/or management support to daily operations. You will also provide support for estimating cost and calculating labor hours required to complete the project.
Join our Technical Services team in Ontario, includes remote work. Apply today!
- Prepare complex reports in Excel for internal and external distribution
- Evaluate actual construction progress and provides regular schedule updates and Look-ahead schedules on a weekly basis
- Compile, review, analyze, and present large quantities of data via the progress monitoring tool
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project
- Responsible for the administration and technical support for various in-house database applications
- Provide support for forecasting to ensure most current Earned Value information is built into consolidated forecasts
- Provide support for estimating cost and calculating labor hours required to complete the project
- Influence method and format of tables, charts, and reports.
- Continuously improve project administrative processes and procedures to enhance efficiencies for the projects.
- Monitor procedures and practices, thinking creatively and strategically to create improvements
- Provide subject matter expertise to end users on the progress monitoring tool
- Degree in Engineering, Business or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with engineering and construction-based cost and scheduling systems (Productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking, etc.)
- Ability to understand terminology and processes in project controls and extract relevant information
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of Primavera P6 and Resource loading
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues.
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures.
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations.
- Willingness to contribute actively to team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
- Power BI and any scheduling tool knowledge will be an asset
- PMP or equivalent certification is an asset
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Nov 23, 2022
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada