As our Specialized Programs Coordinator - Employee Services you will be responsible for the administration of specialized programs, including the Apprenticeship, Certifications, DriveSAFE and Drug & Alcohol Programs across all Ledcor Operating Groups.
As the subject matter expert associated with each program, you will ensure all documentation and data has been validated, recorded, and completed promptly and accurately. Working with Program Specialists and other HR Personnel, you will seek continuous improvement of program processes and data capture. This role is also responsible for data governance for all programs and identification of gaps through audits and reports.
This position can be based out of Canada and is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required in office. Come join our True Blue team today by applying through the advert.
Apprenticeship & DriveSAFE Administration (35%)
- Process all documentation for Apprentices DriveSAFE
- Validate Trade Certificates, Drivers Licenses and Pay Rate Form documentation
- Quarterly Apprentice Re-Verification
- Facilitates the change job process for apprentice compensation changes.
- Create and/or update internal and external based templates (letters, forms, release forms)
- Collaborates with Industrial Relations for subject matter expertise and implementation of changes to apprenticeship administration
- Ensure all documentation for DriveSAFE is received and recorded accurately
- Identify any fraudulent documentation and escalate to our corporate HSE
- Working with Provincial Jurisdiction requirements requests Motor Vehicle Records and coordinates payment method
Drug and Alcohol (D&A) Administration (15%)
- Responds to Recruitment and CLAC D&A Hire Eligibility Inquiries
- Administers documentation and data associated with the Substance Abuse Program (SAP) Process, including Conditions for Continued Employment review and upload, identification of Return-to-Work test and start date.
- Initiates follow up schedule with vendor and records schedule in Workday/Excel as required
- Review SAP recommendations with hires/employees prior to starting work
- Upload identified D&A documents to be captured in Workday or SharePoint
- Send weekly follow up schedule unannounced tests to Project/Business HSE
- Enters Positive Test results into Employee Profile
Data Governance & Audits (30%)
- Ensuring accuracy and up to date information within our systems and ensuring validity of all documentation
- Workday data governance audits for all documentation required within Specialized Programs
- Identify gaps in data to Employee Services Team, Ledcor Technical Services Fleet, Ledcor Equipment Group, and Industrial Relations
- CRA Tax Audit: provide supporting documentation to satisfy tax claims for employing apprentices
- Background Check audit for D&A tests
Security Role Management & Process Improvements (20%)
- Process assigned Security Role requests, validating privacy requirements and reason for request.
- Review existing Security Role assignments by Supervisory Organization and validate role continues to require access
- Set up and deliver education sessions about Security Roles
- Working with Manager, ESC Specialized Programs, identify process improvements and system efficiencies
- Document new processes associated with TAC program administration.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position, managing volume and complexity
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources and/or Business an asset
- Proficient MS Office skills with expertise in Excel
- Experience using a large HRIS or ERP system; knowledge of Workday or JD Edwards an asset
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to build rapport, communicate effectively with a variety of audiences both verbally and written
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work in a high volume, dynamic environment and respond to changing business needs
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to deliver results in a timely manner
- Ability to work collaboratively within a dynamic, action-oriented team
- This is a work from home position. Event related travel may be required from time to time.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Nov 24, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada