As a Health & Safety Professional you play a key role in the execution and implementation of a diverse range of health and safety programs for industrial and maintenance projects. You are an experienced Safety Coordinator who consistently conveys mature professional judgment and can build effective relationships across all levels.
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family
- Health & Dental Benefits right from your start date and RRSP matching, so you and your family feel secure in the future
Join the Ledcor team today!
- Provide independent advice to operations management in Ledcor HSE program.
- Participate in the conduct of detailed, fact based incident management.
- Acquire clear competence and understanding in executing Ledcor HSE program in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out).
- Independently lead Tool-Box-Talks and Safety meetings.
- Develop and enhance Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials.
- Understand all site, business unit or division safety programs, company codes of business conduct, site specific procedures and management systems.
- Seek to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients.
- Support and takes action for operations personnel to meet Ledcor “Leading Indicator” requirements.
- Practice attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding.
- Obtain basic understanding of complementary HSE functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices.
- Three plus (3+) years relevant industry Health and Safety experience in the mining, construction and/or maintenance industries.
- Must hold CSO or NCSO qualifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to the hourly workforce, while also effectively interacting with project management staff, clients, and customers.
- Excellent verbal, written communications, and computer skills.
- Ability to provide a proactive approach to safety, to include identification of operational and organizational issues, as well as develop and implement strategies to solve them.
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment, program development, safety & health training, and accident investigation.
- A strong team player attitude with the ability to effectively adjust to changing priorities and demands.
- Must have and maintain a valid class 5 driver's license with clean abstract.
- Rotational shift will vary based on project site, 14/14, 14/7, 10/4
- Projects based in various locations across BC & AB - comp, fly in, fly out etc.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Nov 25, 2022
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada