You are an experienced construction professional with 10+ years’ experience who can provide oversight and guidance to all project team members throughout the project lifecycle. You will ensure the success of Ledcor’s Special Projects team by applying your extensive construction knowledge to make sure projects meet budget, schedule and scope requirements. Critical to this success will be ensuring Ledcor’s high safety and quality standards are met, all while driving the strategic and day to day business leadership goals of the Special Projects team within the Edmonton, AB branch.
If you are interested in leading commercial construction projects in a managerial role, join the Ledcor Building team in Edmonton, AB today!
Please note that the application deadline is Dec 22, 2022
- Works collaboratively with safety personnel to promote the overall site safety program including subcontractor compliance with Ledcor standards, the Project Specific Safety Plan, and all applicable OH&S acts, regulations, and codes
- Oversees and manages multiple project teams to ensure the successful delivery of commercial construction projects from conception through to completion; responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of project teams to attain project milestones and goals, while meeting or exceeding delivery schedules and budgets
- Supports business development activities by developing and advancing existing long-term relationships with clients and identifying new target clients; makes regular contact with clients, design consultants, and commercial real estate groups from time to time, exploring specific needs while helping create new business opportunities
- Assists with preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction phase to assist owners and architects in evaluating different material and methods to meet budget objectives for new projects
- Provides expertise in construction planning and scheduling across a number of projects by collaboratively working with project teams to identify the sequence of key construction activities to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Visits project sites regularly to ensure all projects are executed in accordance with corporate and contractual requirements
- Mentors, guides and coaches direct reports to expand their capabilities while adhering to Human Resources processes and procedures involving: recruitment and selection, annual performance management reviews, training, succession planning, transfers, promotions and salary increases
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Maintains strong relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and clients/consultants to ensure client needs are met
- Creates and/or facilitates Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly
- 10+ years of related industry experience in a strategic, or direct management role; demonstrated ability to successfully lead a high-performing team, and build solid long-term relationships with external clients and consultants
- Completion of post-secondary education from either a college or university in Engineering, Construction Management or relevant program
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction costs and budgets, documents, drawings, specifications, and current construction practices and methodology
- Possesses strong client sector relationships within local Commercial, Industrial, Institutional and Residential construction marketplace
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders; able to focus on developing long term partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure our contributions to their continued success
- Anticipates constructability issues in complex situations, and creates new solutions for construction plan and schedule; anticipates problems or challenges and propose innovative solutions that are consistent with organizational objectives
- Ability to influence and advise on strategic issues which have a direct impact on both internal and external business decisions
- A track record of building successful teams, and promoting teamwork by fostering an environment that encourages employee engagement and motivates team members to perform their very best every day; acts as a facilitator and mentor in extremely complex or interdependent projects
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop team members through constructive feedback and providing opportunities for development
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, with an aptitude for learning new programs; proficient with the use of scheduling software
- Office-based position; occasional travel to project sites may be required
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Dec 30, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada