Reporting to the Senior Manager of Management Reporting, the Operations Controller, Aviation is responsible for the preparation of monthly business unit statements, financial review information, and annual business unit budgets. This includes accounts receivable, business systems, human resources, financial management, financial reporting, budgets, and audits. In this role you will oversee staff supervision, mentoring & guidance, training, hiring and performance reviews.
Come join our finance team in Vancouver, BC or Edmonton, AB!
- Manage the financial close process and oversee the preparation of the management reporting deliverables for Summit business units, including monthly financial reports (P&L, balance sheet/cash flows, fleet P&L, CAPEX reports, etc), forecasts and other key performance indicators
- Review and leads the team in preparation of analysis of monthly financial results
- Responsible for presenting weekly forecast and monthly management results at weekly management meetings
- Manage the billing team to ensure accurate and timely invoicing to customers, and collections of cash
- Leads process improvement initiatives and applies innovative solutions to complex accounting processes
- Accountable to ensure the accounting team completes all aspects of the year-end audit and tax compliance requirements
- Acts as primary liaison with Shared Services, including Financial Accounting CoE, Finance Service Centre, Treasury, and Risk Management
- Assist and coordinates the development of fiscal budgets for all Summit business units, including the consolidation of budgets for senior leadership
- Prepare and perform ongoing performance management and development planning for Staff
- Responsible for integrity and accuracy of business information while supporting the implementation of business systems upgrades and/or improvements
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum of 8 years full cycle accounting experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and ability to identify issues and interpret and apply accounting standards and policies.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving with exceptional attention to detail
- Financial acumen regarding profitability analysis
- Track record of successfully leading, mentoring, and developing teams
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and Microsoft suite of Products
- Familiarity with JD Edwards or other ERP system preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, delegate, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, with demonstrated success dealing effectively with clients, vendors, peers and senior leadership
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with a proven ability to problem solve
- This is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required to attend the office as business needs require
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jan 5, 2023
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada