The Project Director is responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget by managing multiple teams, setting organization priorities, and allocating resources. The Project Director impacts strategic direction/vision across the division or group by assuming a leadership role and providing guidance to project staff and managers.
Join our Building construction team in Regina, SK.
- Manage and promotes the overall site safety program as required, including subcontractor compliance with Ledcor standards, Project Specific Safety Plan (PSSP) and all applicable OH&S Acts, Regulations and Codes.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with Project Quality Program (PQP).
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team and ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Identifies and manages risk to the project to negate impact on schedule and financial targets
- Maintains and tracks all financial aspects of project which include reporting, forecasting and billings
- Management of procurement process including subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and awards
- Ensure all project documentation and correspondence is obtained, addressed and properly archived
- 5+ years of related construction experience as a project manager, or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings and specifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current construction practices and methodology.
- Demonstrated negotiation and administration skills.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Superior understanding of construction costs and budgets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders; Able to focus on developing long term partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure our contributions to their continued success and to maximize long term gains.
- Anticipates constructability issues in complex situations and creates new solutions for construction plan and schedule. Anticipates problems or challenges and propose innovative solutions that are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Influence strategic issues which effect business internally and externally.
- Influence client and/or organizational leadership to accomplish operational objectives.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others to establish consensus among team members. Act as a facilitator and mentor in extremely complex or interdependent projects.
- Strong organizational, planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and an aptitude of learning new programs.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jan 10, 2023
1105 Pettigrew Avenue East, Regina, SK, Canada