You are an experienced Industrial Superintendent, seasoned and fully competent in the profession. Our Industrial division is expanding and working on some very exciting projects valued at over $100 million, all across Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. Your responsibilities will include safety and environmental, quality control, developing and implementing agreed upon field project plans and schedule, delegation of work to field staff, sub-contractors and trades people ensuring that projects are completed safely, on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
We are looking for Industrial Superintendents across all disciplines including:
Piping, Scaffolding, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electrical, Civil, Scaffolding, Piling, Structural and Civil.
Join the Ledcor team today!
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and applicable building codes and that efficiency in labour and materials maintain high quality standards
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by corporate safety manual, Workers’ Compensation Board or any other authorities
- Reviews, maintains and updates the construction schedule and ensures milestone and completion dates are met
- Oversees the care and maintenance of company vehicles and equipment on the project to maximize use while on the job site, plans ahead for equipment requirements in conjunction with other superintendents and the Construction Manager, and updates equipment log as required
- Reviews subtrade/supplier invoices against the field purchase orders and report any discrepancies to the Project Manager or the accounting department.
- Hires and manages hourly employees as required to complete the project in consultation with the Construction/Project Managers and maintains, approves and submits hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes
- Prepares field change orders to be signed by project owner or representative when requested
- Works with coordinators/engineers to craft and submit RFI’s as required for clarification of scopes
- Develop and implement resource loaded 3 week look ahead schedules that meet the overall Project schedule
- 3+ years of construction supervision experience
- Previous experience as a GF, Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Combination of work experience in a similar role and industry related trade certification / education
- Solid understanding of modern construction practices
- Strong understanding of all the construction trade within specific expertise related to your discipline of Piping, Scaffolding, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electrical, Civil, Scaffolding, Piling, Structural or Civil
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Contract negotiation/management skills
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- A strong safety record with the ability to work with a variety of individuals, continuously setting and raising the bar with regards to HSE expectations and accountabilities
- Capacity to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine tasks or queries
- Ability to adapt information and communication style to the audience
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders
- Capable of identifying key issues and patterns in moderately complex situations and spotting new, less obvious solutions
- Travel with full time project location to be determined in Western Canada Project specific
- Site based role, rotational shift will be assigned (if rotation and shifts are not known)
- Ability to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and travel away from home will be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Dec 20, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada