We are in need of experienced Excavator Operators in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Successful candidates will be responsible for operating in accordance with quality, safety, and efficiency standards.
Join the Ledcor team today!
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Operating John Deere 850, Komatsu 238 (360 bucket)
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Completion of a one- to two-year apprenticeship program or some high school, college or industry courses in heavy equipment operating combined with on-the-job training is preferred
- Minimum three years of experience operating excavators and other heavy equipment on a mainline pipeline job or similar heavy civil construction experience is required.
- Minimum one year of previous excavator operating experience performing tasks such as building access roads, stripping, shading, grading, trenching, bore support, creek crossings, backfill and/or cleanup required.
- As a condition of employment, must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- As a condition of employment, you must hold a valid driver's license and provide an 3 year driver's abstract
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Camp based accommodation provided
- 20/10 or 14/7 shift schedule, working 11.5 hours per day
- Must make your own way to site but travel allowance is provided
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jan 26, 2023
1100 - 1st Street SE, Calgary, AB, Canada