The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for requirements analysis, solution design, estimates and process mapping for business ideas and demand. This individual works closely with business stakeholders, end-users and team members to develop and refine systems, processes and solutions. In addition to being the lead collaborator for the team, this individual may be called upon to manage projects (small to medium).
This individual demonstrates exceptional relationship building skills including taking leadership roles on initiatives, collaborating amongst business users, vendors, IS participants and any other stakeholders. This individual is responsible for keeping a keen eye on market conditions, identify business opportunities and articulate business value. This individual will work closely with BRM, demand evaluation team as well as the delivery team to manage work volume, increase work velocity and maintain/improve quality of work delivery.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst provides knowledge and expertise on supported platforms and systems, including Tier 2/3 support to end-users. This individual also helps define and document operational business processes; provides business insight and answers for team members; and assists with configuration and customization of platforms and systems.
This position can be based out of British Columbia or Alberta and is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required in office. Come join our True Blue team today by applying through the advert.
- Collaborates with team members and end-users to refine backlog items; design wireframes and mockups; and communicate business objectives
- Consult with end-users to define requirements; understand business needs and objectives; and identify solution opportunities
- Provides support and assistance to internal team members to ensure the consistent flow of work. Provides Tier 2/3 support and training to end-users and business stakeholders
- Coordinates projects that implement complex solutions -- designing and documenting features, bugs and changes. Ensures regular updates and communication for all work
- Manages/oversees projects ensuring agreed upon metrics (time, budget, scope) are in line and ensuring balance large projects with other priorities managing resources within the team
- Maintain close relationships with business product/process owners. This may include support, business opportunity exploration as well as understanding business needs, opportunities, risks and pain points
- Explores new solutions and technologies by key vendors / partners. Engages in training and learning opportunities that contribute to team success
- Identifies and establishes continuous improvement opportunities for the team
- A College, trade or technical diploma is required, a Degree is preferred within a relevant field such as Business Analysis, Computer Science or other related areas
- 6+ years' experience in software development or related technology industries
- 5+ years with customer service, client facing roles preferably in a software development environment.
- 2+ years experience with Project Management
- Excellent analytical and communication skills; interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Advanced-level skill in client requirements gathering, process analysis and software testing
- Advanced-level skill in communication, organization and negotiations.
- Advanced-level skill in modelling tools such as MS Visio, Miro
- Understanding of Microsoft technologies including Azure, C#, .NET and SQL
- Development processes including Agile, DevOps and Git
- Familiarity with application lifecycle management and user interface / user experience
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently
- Occasional event-related travel may be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jan 12, 2023
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada