You are a service orientated professional who will bring their expertise in corporate event planning. As the Events and Meeting Coordinator you take a ‘One Ledcor’ approach to small, medium, and large meetings and events across the entire Ledcor Group of companies. As the coordinator you will work with operating group sponsors to understand their requirements and will be responsible to ensure optimal service based on the required level of assistance. Maintain up to date calendar of events of all meetings and events in our CMS database. Leverage our preferred partners and provide reporting of the meetings and events spend so we have a holistic view of the T&E spend.
Come join our Shared Service team today!
- Lead or assist with organizing Ledcor corporate events within the operating groups or Ledcor wide events.
- Act as primary liaison within our operating groups and event venues, suppliers, and vendors. Ensure all event requirements are communicated and executed as necessary.
- Develop and prepare RFPs, research & source venues, review, edit and/or finalize correspondence to RFPs and corporate proposals.
- Collaborate with our operating groups internal departments including Communications, HR, IT etc. to ensure digital and print promotional materials are submitted, proofed, and produced according to set schedule i.e., signage, handouts, e-blasts, multimedia, etc.
- Arrange hotel accommodations, including booking hotel rooms blocks, contacting travelers about room requirements and preparing and submitting rooming list.
- Communicating with the event organizer about any issues that may arise during the planning process.
- Coordinate and provide onsite event support for décor, F&B, displays, rentals, special needs requirements, event security, entertainment, and all miscellaneous items as required for events.
- Develop event critical path to outline and allocate all activities required to ensure successful execution of events to budget.
- Create and maintain vendor database information and pricing matrix information
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work processes and procedures.
- Support the corporate travel manager and perform administrative duties
- University degree or Diploma in Business Administration (or current enrolment in program) is preferred
- Minimum of four (4) years of meetings and events experience is required
- Minimum of one (2) year of experience in responding to RFPs is preferred
- Excellent vendor management and negotiation skills
- Corporate travel experience including an understanding of RFP’s, hotel sourcing and customer service operations will be considered an asset
- Exceptional computer skills with a high proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with strong negotiation skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills, with high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always; must have a professional appearance and mannerisms
- This is a hybrid role, working remotely with the ability to travel various times throughout the year to sites and events >25%
- Able to work extended hours, if required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jan 15, 2023
1055 West Hastings St, Vancouver, BC, Canada