You are a Multi-Utility Locator who takes pride in accurately locating underground facilities. You have experience working independently and enjoy working outdoors. You have experience in the Telecom industry and our looking for a new challenge.
Apply now! and join Ledcor Technical Services today in Milton and Brantford, ON today
- Interprets job order tickets
- Reads blueprints and maps
- Plans travel routes between urban and rural areas
- Operates testing equipment to pinpoint the location of underground utilities
- Monitors equipment (excavators etc.) to ensure facilities are not damaged
- Creates drawings using Visio
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 1-3 years of experience locating underground facilities or working with outside plant fiber optics
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- Experience with telecommunications and wiring is an asset
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Team player with both excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Adhere to Ledcor’s strict safety practices in a “Think Safety, Work Safely” environment
- Must be a computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license (Class 5) and must provide a driver’s abstract
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Van and major tools supplied
- Travel will be required, including overnight stays and out-of-town assignments/training
- Work environments include different types of terrain (grass, gravel, ditches, etc.) in and around construction zones and residential, commercial, industrial, and rural areas
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, in all types of weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jan 17, 2023
., Brantford, ON, Canada