As a full-time Field Operations Technician III, you will utilize your technical background to work on restoration activities, preventative maintenance, and installation. Your emphasis on building trust with clients and providing a best-in-class approach to customer service will be the foundation for success. You will perform installation, repair, configuration, and testing of moves, additions, changes, and disconnects (MACD) on various Nortel, Fujitsu, Alcatel, and similar products to support customer optical, electrical, voice and data services. Additionally, you will test circuits using optical time domain reflectometers (OTDR).
- Provide high-level customer service, ensuring that any escalations or concerns are addressed professionally
- Drive to and from customers’ business locations in a defined geographic area performing installation and repair of internet, copper and fiber cabling, rack mounted routers, demarcation extensions, etc.
- Receive and complete work orders from a centralized dispatch center ensuring that routes are efficient, and that service is delivered in a timely manner
- Operate equipment and vehicle in a safe manner, ensuring adherence to Ledcor’s safety program
- Interact with customers professionally and courteously to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Troubleshoot technical issues such as installing cable runs, swapping out cards, installing data circuits for internet connections
- Trace and locate appropriate telecommunications links, which could involve working in confined spaces (attics and crawl spaces) and climbing ladders
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment, and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- 5 plus years of previous experience in telecommunications, business installation, and service for electronics and appliances, security, cabling
- Ability to test, measure and troubleshoot fiber optic networks
- Strong MS Office skills in Word & Excel
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer-focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
- Previous experience working in the field independently and thriving in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and able to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-Motivated and able to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- CompTIA A+ certification or Network +
- Cisco Certification
- Fiber Systems Certifications
- Degree/Accreditation from a technical school in telecommunications or equivalent technical training
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license
- Successful completion of pre-employment screenings including background and drug & alcohol
- The ability to work on call, evenings, and weekends as required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 51 pounds), working at heights (15 to 25 feet above the ground), in confined spaces (attics and crawl spaces), and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, etc.)
- A competitive Total Compensation includes base compensation, performance bonus, overtime, paid vacation and sick leave, and a company vehicle. More info about our benefits.
- Our True Blue team – a culture of safety, teamwork, and caring for each other. Watch Our True Blue video.
Opportunities for growth through numerous paid training programs and direct worksite/on-the-job experience.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify