As the Line Painting Supervisor, you will be a part of Ledcor's Highway Maintenance team across Alberta. You will be responsible for smooth functioning of the pavement marking crews and successful delivery of the programs, in accordance with Ledcor and Client expectations. You're an enthusiastic leader with the ability to delegate work and deliver high safety and quality standards.
Click on the link below to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Ledcor Highways team in Edson, Alberta.
- Responsible for day-to-day direct supervision of the pavement marking crews, including leading daily toolbox meetings along with worksite inspections, worksite observations, development of corrective actions, and interventions on unsafe acts or conditions.
- Organize daily work programs and work assignments, including accurately forecasting needs and requirements and ensuring that resources are utilized in a cost efficient and effective manner.
- Consistently support and demonstrate Ledcor’s core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability and success. Lead by example and ensure that safe work practices and procedures are constantly followed.
- Lead, mentor, and develop his/her direct reports and other team members, while leveraging individual and group strengths to achieve business objectives.
- Provide clear performance expectations and ensures direct reports understand how their individual performance impacts business outcomes. Monitor employees’ performance and coach for improvement as required.
- Create and maintain a safe and positive work environment. Proactively addresses issues that may arise in a fair, respectful and consistent manner, in accordance with the collective agreement and company policies.
- Closely monitors key performance indicators (i.e. crew wellness, HSE policies, quality, productivity, equipment and cost) and implement necessary improvements where applicable.
- Regularly inspects equipment and ensures the preventative maintenance schedules and requirement are followed. Communicate repair work to his/her supervisor or equipment manager. Ensure that minor equipment maintenance is performed in-house and identifies all other work as approved.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory/leadership role
- Must possess a valid Driver's license and clean driver's abstract
- Ability to complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures, as they apply to common highway maintenance and construction processes.
- Extensive knowledge of Ministry of Transportation and/or Municipalities Pavement Markings specifications.
- Experience with or strong knowledge of Pavement Marking and other highway maintenance equipment.
- Knowledgeable regarding National Safety Code and Commercial Vehicle Regulations.
- Understanding of contract documents, costs and schedule. Able to plan and steward to business targets.
- Cost Tracking and Reporting back to project coordinators as required.
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project/business stakeholders.
- Capable of identifying problems, generating solutions, and fostering a team approach.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with scheduling software an asset.
- When not line painting other related duties will be assigned as required
- Work locations will vary across Alberta, travel will be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jan 23, 2023
31 Civic Centre Road, Hinton, AB, Canada