You are a Project Accountant reporting to the Project Controller; the Project Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems. You will be responsible for: accounts receivable, subcontract management, payroll, equipment time entry, accounts payable and month end. You will partner with management and project teams to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data.
Join the Ledcor Finance Operations team!
- Understand and articulate project contractual commercial terms
- Communicate reporting information and interpretations with leadership
- Influences the development and implementation of collective agreements
- Coordinate the collection and submission of documentation required for invoicing, including statutory declarations and WCB clearance letters, etc.
- Prepare and submit LEMs to the client
- Collecting third party invoices to support client billings
- Prepare monthly equipment rental billings
- Prepare progress billings, invoices, and holdback releases
- Process electronic billing submissions and reconcile client billings system and adjust as required
- Assist in pursuing payment collection and work with client to resolve payment issues
- Process equipment hours from timesheets
- Extract equipment information and process weekly/monthly equipment time entry
- Complete entries weekly/ monthly for support equipment
- Track outside rental agreements against contract agreements
- Ensure all equipment has approved rates
- Work with field teams and payroll group to ensure time entry is completed in a timely manner
- Works with PM team to identify potential change orders
- Subcontractor management
- Prepare month end journal entries
- Cost Analysis and Cost control
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Must have a post-secondary business degree
- Must have Experience within commercial construction, Telecom or a related industry is preferred
- Enrolled in the CPA program or equivalent
- Must have knowledge of JD Edwards or similar large ERP is preferred
- Working knowledge of construction methods
- Financial acumen regarding equipment utilization, rates, equipment capital decisions, and profitability analysis
- Working knowledge of construction accounting principles
- Working knowledge of construction software systems
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- This position offers work from home options with the understanding that at times you may be required to attend the office or travel to the project site as business needs require.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jan 23, 2023
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada