With headquarters in Vancouver, Summit Aviation operates a diverse fleet of over 30 fixed wing and rotary aircraft with operations in several locations across Canada. We are seeking a HR Business Partner to join our Aviation division on a full-time permanent basis.
You are an experienced HR Business Partner with 3-5 years of experience working with large matrixed business portfolios. From workforce planning to investigations and beyond, you are exceptional at instituting a collaborative approach, leveraging your exceptional communication skills to partner closely with members of the business to ensure a smooth and consistent flow of people-related services to divisional leaders and staff in a complex environment.
We are open to hiring in both Yellowknife or Vancouver for this role. If you are based in Yellowknife the role will be predominately office-based with some flexibility, but if you are Vancouver based the role will be a work from home position with travel required.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position in a dynamic work environment that is continuing to grow, apply today to join the Summit Aviation team!
- Assess short and long-term business needs of the client group and provide both operational and generalist HR guidance and support to the business
- Advise, influence and support leaders and employees on a wide range of human resource issues, including employee relations, conflict resolution, performance issues, employee engagement action planning, investigations, sick leave and return-to-work management, workforce planning, and HR policies and programs
- Works with our Centre of Excellence as required for specialized assistance, and with recruitment to support hiring needs of the business
- Collaborate and work proactively with business unit leaders to identify key issues impacting operational goals and offer solutions to these issues
- Communicate, facilitate, and/or present HR programs and roll-outs at the divisional and site level
- Collaborate with HR’s CoEs and Service Centre teams on new initiatives, and leverage team expertise in delivering and implementing initiatives to the client group
- 3-5 years of solid, professional-level generalist human resources experience, ideally in a Business Partner role
- Proven experience advising and collaborating with operational business leaders in a consultative capacity
- A degree in a relevant field (Human Resources, Business Administration) along with the required working experience
- Experience developing and implementing business solutions in medium to large, complex/matrixed environments
- Solid understanding of applicable employment and human rights legislation within Canada is required
- Proven skills in coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management
- Ability to utilize effective influencing strategies to build respect and trust with business leaders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on dynamic business demands and requirements
- Effective and persuasive oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Workday an asset
- Aviation experience would be highly sought after
- Depending on your location, travel will be required up to 25% of your time
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jan 24, 2023
27 Yellowknife Airport, 100 Dickins Street, Yellowknife, NT, Canada