As the Shop Supervisor, you will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the day-to-day highway maintenance operations of the highway maintenance shop and yard. You will be responsible for ensuring adherence to Ledcor’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards, assignment of work to field employees, achievement of Ledcor’s quality objectives and have financial responsibility for the Shop with support from the leadership team.
Click on the link below to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Ledcor Highway's team in Whitecourt, Alberta!
- Ensure highway maintenance operations are well organized, coordinated and executed in compliance with client and regulatory requirements, meeting established timeframes, budget and in accordance with performance specifications
- Manage and coordinates all resource requirements for maintenance work including personnel, equipment, materials, etc.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are completed in accordance with performance milestones and targets
- Supervise, coach and develop personnel and addresses employee performance and development issues and requirements including conducting performance reviews, employee discipline and identifying training needs.
- Ensure strict adherence to all Ledcor’s safety programs and policies
- Understand the CMS as a framework for quality management of business operations and service delivery
- Participate in the annual development of highway maintenance budgets, and performs regular financial reviews
- Other duties as required
- 1-5 years of experience in Highway Maintenance or Roadbuilding, with several years in a leadership capacity
- Knowledge of highway maintenance operational practices, processes and techniques
- Ability to plan and manage a maintenance and service schedule
- Previous experience managing within a unionized environment
- Understanding of highways maintenance contracts with the ability to ensure that they are followed
- Strong understanding of cost management and budget forecasting
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience an asset
- Must have a valid Class 5 license and clean 3 year driver’s record. Preference will be given to applicants with a Class 1 or 3 license
- Applicants that reside in Whitecourt, AB will be given preference due to the nature of the work
- On-call work may be required
- Work will be outdoors in various weather conditions
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Mar 3, 2023
5120 50 Avenue, Entwistle, AB, Canada