We are looking for an enthusiastic and community-oriented Equipment Maintenance Superintendent to join our team. You are experienced at ensuring a highway maintenance fleet is maintained to the highest standards. As an exceptional communicator, the Equipment Maintenance Superintendent is responsible to ensure all repair facilities, equipment and equipment maintenance staff are adhering to Ledcor’s policies and standards. You will ensure equipment maintenance activities are completed, ensuring that safety, environmental, productivity and quality targets are being met. You support your team members in their development goals and help them look for opportunities to advance their skills.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our Highway’s team in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario!
- Ensures strict adherence to all health, safety and environmental programs, policies, and regulations, including: Demonstrating and ensuring risk and hazard identification, mitigation and management processes are in place. Actively performs safety inspections, immediately rectifying unsafe or potentially unsafe actions or situations. Through their actions, sets expectations for health, safety and environmental expectations as well as ensuring all policies are being followed. Regularly participates in safety document creation and review as well as participating as required in incident investigations
- Ensures equipment repairs and fleet maintenance operations are well organized, coordinated and comply with client, internal and regulatory requirements
- Liaises with the Operations Group to determine maintenance priorities for the maintenance team
- Provides leadership and supervision for the Highway Maintenance Technicians, including: Identifies resources (including third parties) required to complete tasks within the timeframes, budget and in accordance with equipment maintenance best practices, manufacturer guidelines and Ledcor policies. Plans and prioritizes, in conjunction with Operations, critical tasks to maximize fleet availability. Ensures all reporting requirements (work orders, inspection forms, etc.) are completed and submitted in a timely fashion. Executes the seasonal repair and weekly maintenance schedules
- Works closely with onsite supervision and Ledcor’s management team to ensure field personnel are fully trained and competent to perform their roles and responsibilities
- Actively works with the recruiting team to identify and select qualified field personnel
- Maintains strong working relationships at job sites with suppliers and internal labour force
- Responsible for performance management of supervised staff in consultation with Ledcor leadership and support services
- Actively seeks opportunities for continual improvement of the maintenance program
- Have a detailed understanding of Ledcor’s quality program
- Performs quality checks on maintenance activities
- Performs checks to ensure maintenance activities do not have any adverse environmental effects
- Participates in the annual development of highway equipment maintenance budgets
- Monitors monthly spending ensuring adherence to annual budget
- Responsible to ensure maintenance activities are being done in a cost-effective manner
- Leads equipment month end performance review meetings
- 5-10 years of experience in highway maintenance and off-road equipment maintenance including several years in a leadership capacity.
- Red Seal Mechanic or similar qualification
- Demonstrated understanding of equipment maintenance best practices and legislative and regulatory requirements, including NSC requirements
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills will be required
- Work location is based in Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Travel required to satellite locations
- After hours and weekend monitoring of your phone will be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
344 Bathurst St,