The Sr. Program Manager, Construction Operations is responsible for the ensuring qualified construction resources are available for building telecommunication networks and at the price points needed to support bids and execution across the US to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
The Sr. Program Manager Construction Operations works with and takes direction from the Business Development and Estimating teams to
- Recruits and ensures that the appropriate contractor resources have been vetted for the scopes of work to be performed.
- Qualifies and quantifies Market Pricing
- Ensures the qualified resources are under contract before the opportunities reach the RFP stage.
- Ensure that Ledcor acquires and maintains the needed Contractor Licensing in the states selected where work is being performed and states identified for expansion. This involves researching, working with legal, as well as the State Boards for Contractor Licensing to ensure Ledcor is licensed appropriately.
- Serve as the qualifier or license holder for the company to fulfill the appropriate general or subcontractor licensing requirements at State, County and City Level(s) to perform construction services. This includes providing references as needed and taking all exams as required by the government entity.
- Leads and promotes Ledcor safety culture, ensuring site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Sources, recruits, and qualifies Contractors/Resources for the scope of work Ledcor is pursuing or where Ledcor currently has projects. Ensures Ledcor is Licensed in each state for the work being performed.
- Designs, develops, manages, and maintains a Resource database for the states that Ledcor is currently working in and states where Ledcor has an interest in expanding to ensure that productivity and financial objectives are met.
- Works with the Estimating team to create, build, and maintain a nationwide pricing matrix so that the contractor spends minimal time responding to requests and the company can measure cost and productivity across projects and regions uniformly.
- Design, develop, manage, and maintain scopes of work for the Pricing Matrix with Estimating for the subcontract and works with legal to ensure these are incorporated into the subcontract.
- Develops schedules, crew counts, and productivity matrix for bids to determine staffing models for RFPs, including crew productivity tables.
- Designs, develops, manages, and maintains the Risk Register template and library of risks to ensure consistent application and measurement to all projects. Gains concurrence with Finance/PJC, Estimating, and Project Teams on content and application of the Risk Register.
- Leads subcontractor and supplier selection, procurement, and negotiations with legal.
- Ensures that all risk is eliminated or minimized to an acceptable for the company, including demonstrating how this is accomplished financially thru a Risk Register.
- Creates, implements, and manages a contractor scorecard to objectively measure contractors’ performance during Project Execution to determine how they are performing compared to other contractors for safety, productivity, and cost.
- Performs additional duties as business needs requires or is assigned by Management.
- Expert at building costs for Telecom Bidding and Estimating responses, providing content for RFP responses, and how to account, price, and how to manage Project Risks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology; understanding of construction costs and budgets.
- Lead contract negotiations and management skills, with an in-depth understanding of contract documents
- Proven ability to build successful teams and promote teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, exchanging information and responding to moderate stakeholder requests.
- Skills to identify constructability issues in moderately complex situations and develop non-routine solutions in the construction plan and schedule as well as accounting for costs and risks for Pricing and RFP responses.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify
14400 The Lakes Boulevard,