The Superintendent is responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day field operations to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. The experienced and fully competent Superintendent implements the project plan and schedule, ensures safety and quality control, and delegates work to field staff, contractors, and tradespeople.
The project is a residential tower with a 20-month schedule.
Join the Ledcor team in Winnipeg, MB!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance with Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes high-quality quality standards are maintained.
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with the project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Issues material and services purchase orders and confirm receipt of materials and return of equipment.
- Supervises field employees, makes sure their work is planned and performed efficiently and makes sure their timesheets are accurately coded.
- Mentor project team members to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections
- 3 to 8 years of construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role.
- Proven ability to build, maintain, and enhance relationships with co-workers, clients, consultants, and trade contractors.
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification/education program.
- Working knowledge of health, safety, and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes.
- Solid understanding of current construction practices.
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Working knowledge of construction documents, contracts, costs, and budgets.
- Working knowledge of scheduling and project management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders’ needs, and identify solutions.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with scheduling software
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Feb 24, 2023
1340 Chevrier Blvd., Winnipeg, MB, Canada