As a HS&E Coordinator, you will support a project management team under the guidance of HS&E Leadership in supporting the safe execution of work, coaching, and influencing of operational personnel, as well as supporting the ongoing development of HS&E processes. You will develop and enhance Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials as well as support operations personnel to meet Ledcor “Leading Indicator” requirements.
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family
- Health & Dental Benefits right from your start date and RRSP matching, so you and your family feel secure in the future.
This position will be based in Milton & Belleville, ON. Join our Technical Services team in Ontario. Apply today!
- Able to provide independent advice to operations management in Ledcor HS&E program.
- Able to clearly convey improvement opportunities in existing processes and documentation.
- Participates in the conduct of detailed, fact-based incident management.
- Acquires clear competence and understanding in executing Ledcor HS&E program in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out)
- Able to independently lead toolbox talks and Safety meetings.
- Develops and enhances Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials.
- Seeks to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients.
- Practices attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding.
- Obtains basic understanding of complementary HS&E functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices.
- Three plus (3+) years relevant industry Health and Safety experience in the mining, construction and/or maintenance industries.
- CSO or NCSO qualifications are preferred.
- Skilled in MSOffice suite, comfortable with using and deploying technology to drive efficiencies and innovation.
- Aptitude towards taking the initiative with processes, rather than waiting to be directed.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to the hourly workforce, while also effectively interacting with project management staff, clients, and customers.
- Excellent verbal, written communications, and computer skills.
- Ability to provide a proactive approach to safety, to include identification of operational and organizational issues, as well as develop and implement strategies to solve them.
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment, program development, safety & health training, and accident investigation.
- A strong team player attitude with the ability to effectively adjust to changing priorities and demands.
- Must have and maintain a valid class 5 driver's license with clean abstract.
- Able to ensure HS&E requirements have been met and able to facilitate others in best practices in the execution of HS&E processes.
- Follows defined processes and boundaries provided by Ledcor HSE program and relevant OH&S (or equivalent) legislation to be able to make appropriate, timely decisions in consultation with others.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class 5 driver's license with clean abstract.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Mar 3, 2023
7105 Auburn Road, Milton, ON, Canada