You are an experienced PLAA Coordinator with 5+ years of experience within infrastructure projects. You will be responsible for all matters relating to the permits, licenses, approvals, & agreements, in accordance with the contract documents.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our Infrastructure team in Toronto, Ontario!
- Ensuring that external stakeholders, municipalities, and environmental authorities are engaged when appropriate to obtain feedback as necessary
- Coordinating internal and external regulatory approval processes
- Managing relationships with stakeholders, including governmental authorities
- Leading the coordination and scheduling of meetings with stakeholders
- Apply for various permits as needed for construction and follow up in a timely manner with the reviewer to ensure permit application is under review and immediately advise of any comments.
- Coordinate the use of the tracking system to tracks the progress of PLAA’s throughout the project.
- Create and maintain permitting tracker to track comments, responses, submissions, resubmissions of all permit applications.
- Liaising with Metrolinx, City of Toronto, and other key internal and external stakeholder.
- Update Design manager every week on progress of each permit application. Also, to advise of critical issues that can hold up permit approvals.
- Coordinate the internal PLAA working group meetings, including minute taking and issuance of invitations.
- Writing monthly reports and spreadsheets pertaining to PLAA’s processes, progress, and updates.
- Prepare various senior management permitting updates as required.
- Work with document control to keep track of project report and plan submittals.
- Coordinate with team members from different design and construction disciplines to incorporate necessary input for each permit in a timely manner. This shall include but not limited to meetings with the Designers and the Designer Builder’s Technical Department Discipline Managers.
- Track document submittals, alerting team members of risks related to reports and plans due dates required by Contracting Authority and coordinating a Non- Conformance Report with team members on extensions needed on plans and reports.
- Document and report progress on PLAA’s and document submissions and updating project leads with updates.
- Coordinate with the design team on design packages for PLAA’s and document submissions to different stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering preferred, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience with permitting, licensing and approvals.
- Project Management Certificate an asset.
- Knowledge of PLA processes of the construction of major infrastructure projects in the GTA.
- Working knowledge of plan review and approval procedures associated with major transportation infrastructure design and construction, located primarily on a public right-of-way.
- Capacity to identify and manage all the essential components of a PLA tracking system.
- Excellent working knowledge on computer programs such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Primavera P6 and Bluebeam.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership and teamwork.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Mar 5, 2023
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada