You are an experienced Structures Manager of 10+ years, who will play a key role in the delivery of rail infrastructure projects across the Greater Toronto Area. You will directly report into the Construction Manager and manage a team. You will have prior experience working for a general contractor on rail, highways, bridges, and other civil projects.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our Infrastructure team in Toronto, Ontario!
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and ensures that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents.
- Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets.
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints.
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- Review design and construction documents for constructability and value engineering and provide feedback to client
- Completion of post-secondary education in civil engineering or a related field is required
- 10 years+ related work experience is required.
- Experience working for a general contractor in Canada is required
- Experience working with designers on structural portions of heavy civil projects is required.
- Experience working on Design-Build or Collaborative Contract models is an asset
- Project Experience working on GO stations, bridges, roads, railway infrastructure projects will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated exposure to Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting is essential
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel, in addition Heavy Bid and Primavera would be preferred.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Mar 5, 2023
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada