You are an experienced, versatile HS&E Manager responsible for facilitating the work activities of HS&E teams. You are skilled at leveraging relationships with operational teams to drive continuous HS&E improvement. You are an open-minded, self-aware individual who strives to understand yourself and others. You are a problem solver, a strong communicator and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized to support projects.
This position supports Ledcor Technical Services across Ontario and is based at one of our locations: Ottawa, Belleville, Milton, or London. Come join the Ledcor team in Ontario today!
- Responsible for supporting operational implementation of HS&E program(s) on LTS projects and facilities.
- Leads and mentors the performance of a team of dispersed, regional HS&E team members.
- Provides expertise to operational and senior HS&E management on programs and tactics to improve HS&E performance, capabilities and culture and helps to set priorities.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with senior leadership to ensure alignment and effective HS&E execution.
- Ensures adequate HS&E resource planning in their region.
- Develops project-based HS&E plans (aligned with Ledcor’s HS&E program) to meet project requirements and risks.
- Leads the auditing of projects to Corporate HS&E standards.
- Ensure regional HS&E reporting requirements are accurate and completed.
- Represents their region to LTS HS&E leadership as a member of the HS&E leadership team.
- Supports resolution of day-to-day or routine issues through immediate actions or short-term planning within defined processes
- Able to perform the HS&E work being supervised - may need provide interim support to other regions or local HS&E personnel.
- 5+ year's relevant industrial Health and Safety experience in a management/ leadership position.
- 10+ years minimum experience in Commercial construction or related industry, with relevant health and safety experience
- Possession of Technical/functional expertise, including strong computer, MS Office, and presentations skillset.
- Degree/Diploma in OH&S or related discipline
- Possession/ Pursuit of National Construction Safety Officer designation (NCSO), CRSP or any related HS&E designation
- Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers - acts with customers in mind.
- Possess a high level of expertise in incident investigations, determining corrective actions and ensuring follow-up.
- Able to travel regionally on a regular basis (est. 30%) to support dispersed projects and HS&E personnel.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Mar 6, 2023
310 Neptune Crescent, London, ON, Canada