As a Project Accountant you are responsible for the accurate and timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems. This includes accounts receivable, subcontract management, payroll, time entry, accounts payable and month end. Interaction and communication with management and project teams are important to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data.
Join our Ledcor team in Edmonton, AB!
- Prepare and submit LEMs / Electronic Daily Billings to the client
- Coordinate the collection and submission of documentation required for invoicing, including statutory declarations and WCB clearance letters, etc
- Working understanding of project contractual commercial terms
- Monitor and update project AR reports
- Set up subcontractors in financial ERP system and reconcile subcontractor invoices against daily tracking.
- Support employee onboarding and termination processes through electronic HR system
- Working understanding of Union and Pre-job Agreements
- Run and review daily payroll exception reports, provide comments and distribute to project management for review
- Prepare and review hourly and salary project payroll and upload to payroll department
- Extract internal equipment hours from payroll system and process weekly/monthly equipment time entry including top ups and rate reviews.
- Track outside rental agreements against contract agreements
- Assist procurement and accounts payable to resolve any issues including review and reconciliation of cost coding, purchase orders and open commitments
- Prepare and enter journal entries
- Assist Project Controller with month end financial reporting as required
- 3+ years of related administrative, accounting, or analysis experience
- Business/Accounting degree or diploma required
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- This is a remote work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required to attend the office or the project site as business needs require
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Mar 14, 2023
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada