You are an experienced Project Manager with Industrial Construction project experience. Our Industrial division is expanding and working on some very exciting projects valued at over $100 million, all across Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. As the Project Manager, you will assume a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff, and being a main point of contact for Clients. You will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations by influencing, developing and implementing agreed upon project plans ensuring that projects are completed safely, on time and within budget. We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Come join our True Blue team on site today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Accountable for the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible outcome for schedule and financial targets
- Monitors project performance through regular reviews of functional schedules, project productivities and budget KPI’s
- Works with the project team to identify and manage all risks and changes associated with the project contractual agreement
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
- Management of work processes and procedures relating to associated process improvements, training and personnel
- Facilitates the timely pre-commissioning and turnover of project systems to support Client targets
- Understands Client needs and offers value-add solutions where needed
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in multi-discipline Industrial construction such as Oil and Gas, Petro Chemical, and Power Generation
- 5+ years experience working as a Project Manager in Industrial Construction. Managing a multi-discipline team, with proven abilities in resource planning, performance management, target and objective setting, and development of staff
- Professional Engineering, Technology designation and/or Journeyperson certification is an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology
- Strong negotiation/management skills
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Knowledge of financial aspects of project management including estimating, budgeting, cost controls, and reporting. Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs, and identify solutions to non-routine queries using both verbal and writing skills
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching and consensus-building
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Travel with full time project location to be determined in Western Canada Project specific
- Site based role, rotational shift will be assigned (if rotation and shifts are not known)
- Ability to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and travel away from home will be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
May 30, 2023
1055 West Hastings St, Vancouver, BC, Canada