The Transportation Compliance Coordinator supports our dynamic business and proactively identifies opportunities to create and realize efficiencies and gaps within Ledcor’s CVOR compliance program. This will require an in-depth understanding of CVOR rules and regulations, and proactive field visits to identify any compliance gaps that need to be addressed or remedied.
Join Ledcor Technical Services today!
- Support the Ledcor CVOR program by performing administrative duties required to ensure compliance
- Compile, examine, enter, review and monitor driver and equipment records: both physically and electronically.
- Obtain and review the CVOR Abstract. Properly identify, summarize and document the critical information including convictions, collisions, and CVSA inspections. If necessary, ensure disciplinary action is conducted.
- Obtain upon-hire, post on-road violation, and bi-annual abstracts as required for all drivers employed. Review abstracts, report driver license issues and generate follow-up documentation for added monitoring as required
- Acquire and retain acceptable computer knowledge and skills necessary to; prepare reports (MS Word; Excel); prepare presentations (MS Word, PowerPoint); research background information on drivers, vehicles and enter computerized data.
- Deliver specialized knowledge, direction and guidance on transportation compliance
- Provide internal technical expertise and act as a training resource for staff, as required.
- Explain legislation, policies and procedures in a straightforward and professional manner; and
- Prepare detailed information packages and presentations for review by management and/or staff on CVOR compliance.
- Improve and advance overall CVOR Compliance
- Conduct on-going internal audits on safety, driver, hours of service and vehicle documentation.
- Perform weekly gate checks on drivers and vehicles when leaving the yard
- Identify where compliance issues are a concern. Follow-up on issues and resolve or make recommendations.
- Stay well informed on current legislation.
- Assist in the development and updating of documentation and processes (policies, procedures, education material, etc.)
- Use creative thinking, problem solving, critical thinking and strategic thinking to improve processes and productivity.
- Establish and maintain positive relations with operations staff to influence and leverage safety related actions and decisions
- Take part in field operations when the opportunity arises; and
- Develop and complete NSC/CVOR related safety meetings and toolbox topics, as well as conduct NSC/CVOR Spot Checks while on site.
- 2-5 years’ experience with NSC or CVOR.
- Experience with Workday, Holman, JDE, Fleet Complete, and/or Big Road.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently, with an ability to research and solve problems.
- Experience with reporting and tracking using excel; and
- Must have a valid provincial driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check
- Office based position, with some flexibility of working remotely
- May be required to operate a vehicle for business purposes
- Some travel to various business unit sites may be required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Apr 24, 2023
310 Neptune Crescent, London, ON, Canada