Reporting to the Director, Service Operations, the Sr Engineer / Technical Architect, Network and Communication is responsible for network and communications services, including the architecture, strategy, planning, operation, maintenance, documentation, and continual improvement.
In your new role you will identify and lead enterprise-wide network and communication improvement projects involving significant risk and complexity, from developing the strategy to project execution. You will also act as the technical network and communication expert, able to solve unique and complex problems that have broad impacts on the business and our ability to operate. Given the diverse needs of our business areas, you will use your superior communication skills to explain complex concepts, anticipate potential objections, and be able to persuade stakeholders and executives to adopt a different point of view.
You will build and lead the network team, to ensure the network and communications services meet business requirements and expectations. This is a work from home position that can be based across Canada. Come bring your extensive experience and join our True Blue team today by applying through the posting.
- Responsible for the strategy, planning, architecture, and continual improvement, including identifying and leading enterprise-wide network and communication improvement projects, upgrades, site installations, and cloud deployments
- You will support business projects and initiatives through collaborating and providing required network services
- Act as the subject matter expert on Tier 1 and other critical projects to ensure network and communication technical solutions are designed and implemented to meet business requirements
- Leading the operation and maintenance of network and communication services, ensuring deployments, network upgrades, site installation projects, and cloud deployments are performed
- Act as the escalation point for unique and complex problems and issues significantly impacting business processes and operations
- Developing and overseeing the monitoring and analysis, including metrics and reporting, demonstrating business expectations are being met
- You will have responsibility for building and leading the network team, including coaching and mentorship and creating a positive team culture
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or information systems is preferred
- 15+ years of networking experience and 10+ years leading enterprise network and communications projects
- Fortinet Certification required to be successful in this role
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) with a specialization in Azure
- Proven experience working with a large scale, highly collaborative, regionally diverse team
- Expert technical knowledge in firewall solutions including Fortinet, Cisco, and similar
- Expert in building and running an effective network operation
- Expert in networking and communications, including switches, routers, and various network services
- Expert in Cloud networking
- Occasional travel may be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
1055 West Hastings St,