As an experienced Project Controls Coordinator, you will use your finely tuned skills to provide support to the field construction operations teams. Our Industrial division is expanding and working on some very exciting projects valued at over $100 million, all across British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. You will be responsible for reporting, scheduling, cost controls, cost coding and budget reporting forecasts. You will also leverage your experience to provide technical and management support to the field construction operations team for a progress monitoring tool. We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Come join our True Blue team on site today!
- Supports the site Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) program through participation in worksite inspections, the worksite observation program, safety meetings, etc
- Prepare complex reports in Excel for internal and external distribution
- Compile, review, analyze, and present large quantities of data via the progress monitoring tool
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project
- Responsible for the administration and technical support for various in-house database applications
- Supports the subcontract management process by providing assistance with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries
- Continuously improve practices, processes, and procedures by thinking creatively and strategically to enhance efficiencies for the projects
- Provide subject matter expertise to end users on the progress monitoring tool
- Support risk review sessions and provide input as required
- Know and understand commercial agreements and provide support for contract adherence
- Coordinate and partner with estimating and cost engineering departments for budget alignment and operational feedback
- Completion of post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline
- 5 years + related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience with engineering and construction based cost systems(Productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking, etc.)
- Ability to understand terminology and processes in project controls and extract relevant information
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Excel.
- Experience with InEight is an asset
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Knowledge of main construction office processes
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations
- Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Travel with full time project location to be determined in Western Canada Project specific
- Site based role, rotational shift will be assigned (if rotation and shifts are not known)
- Ability to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and travel away from home will be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
7008 Roper Road NW,