You are a self-driven professional with labour relations experience. As the Labour Relations Advisor your focus will be on supporting a unionized workforce while being an innovative contributor to the Industrial Relations department. Acting as the subject matter expert, you will utilize strong business acumen while providing solutions to the business. You will guide labour relations and grievance management, labour market research analysis, collective bargaining, and negotiations to effectively support the organization.
This position can be based Toronto, with flexible work from home arrangements and approximately 25% travel required. If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join Ledcor’s Industrial Relations team today!
- Interface with business leaders to provide advice and guidance regarding the interpretation, compliance, administration and implementation of the Collective Agreement(s) terms and conditions as required
- Oversee and be responsible for the research, administration and distribution of Industrial Relations documents including but not exclusive to wage schedules, meeting minutes, summaries, presentations, Collective Agreements and related documents involving unionized employees
- Act or assist in lead Spokesperson responsibilities for negotiations/collective bargaining of Collective Agreements and their assorted documents as assigned
- Contribute to the collective bargaining pre-negotiation preparation research and proposal costing to develop and provide guidance on the strategy and obtain leadership approval on the bargaining mandate
- Review and deliver various Industrial Relations training presentations including Progressive Discipline, Respect in the Workplace and Collective Agreements to the different levels within Ledcor business units
- Interface with Union Representatives on employee related matters including progressive discipline, grievances, wages, working conditions, etc.
- Consult with internal and external labour legal counsel as assigned regarding grievances, employee issues, labour strategies, legislation and or other applicable Labour Relations issues
- Mentor and support other team members; assist others in a collaborative manner to achieve team and individual success
- Create innovative labour strategies to address business requirements
- Degree/Diploma in Industrial or Labour Relations, Human Resources, other related fields
- 5+ years of experience in an Industrial or Labour Relations or Human Resources generalist role with experience supporting a unionized workforce
- Provide high quality service with a focus on strong business acumen and quality decision making with the ability to propose creative and innovative solutions to meet business needs
- Strong technical skills in Labour Relations Collective Agreement administration and interpretation, market research/analysis and experience with union negotiations
- Ability to build and foster effective client relationships and use effective influencing strategies
- Exceptional research, written and oral communication skills in a multitasking environment
- Travel to various sites and office locations (approximately 25% of the time) is required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Mar 30, 2023
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada