As the Senior Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for cloud solution administration and enterprise cloud platform architecture. Your primary focus is effective and efficient architecture and design of cloud solutions.
In your new position you will provide expertise and support the development and maintenance of the enterprise cloud platform. You will collaborate with application owners within the various operating groups, enterprise architects, software vendors and internal & external teams to facilitate discovery of requirements for cloud solutions and the development of solution design. This position is also responsible for the design, development, and administration of cloud solutions.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
This position can be based out of British Columbia or Alberta and is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required in office. Come join our True Blue team today by applying through the advert.
- Develops, implements, and manages new cloud solutions and related infrastructure technologies, in accordance with defined requirements and in compliance with Ledcor’s architecture and security patterns
- Perform, lead and design existing cloud infrastructure upgrades, installation projects and cloud deployments
- Perform reviews and analysis on the cloud platform to ensure adherence to established architecture patterns, change management process and procedures
- You will support Infrastructure Architect and Cloud Analysts by providing guidance and recommendations to refine and maintain cloud platform and related monitoring and management tools
- Participates in solution architecture meetings to understand changes, act as conduit between the solution architect team and operations teams and identifies and builds patterns for solution architecture
- Collaborates with internal teams and external parties (vendors and partners) to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues to ensure cloud systems are efficient and optimal
- Development and maintenance of operational documentation
- Identifies required skills for cloud team members and implements training to ensure Cloud team to adhere to defined standards in their daily administrative activities
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science or Engineering is preferred
- Previous working experience with Terraform infrastructure provisioning tool
- Strong knowledge of Azure Cloud is essential for the success of this role
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise cloud experience with 3 years in cloud architecture
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) is essential for this role
- Experience with source code management tools
- Knowledge of cloud solution design and architecture principles
- Ability to perform functional requirements analysis
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell, or similar scripting languages
- Experience in large, dynamic enterprise IT systems with competing demands and priorities
- Competent in evaluating new or evolving technologies; able to support technical change management
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based productivity services (i.e., Microsoft 365)
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages (i.e., Microsoft PowerShell)
- Experience in technical analysis and reporting
- Excellent soft skills; interpersonal, collaboration
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- This is a work from home position with the understanding you may be required in office as business needs
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Apr 11, 2023
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada