Reporting to the Director, Technical Operations, the Team Lead, On-premise Infrastructure is responsible for planning, administration, maintenance, documentation creation & upkeep, and technical leadership for all on-premise, virtualized and storage solutions, including infrastructure monitoring and analysis throughout the Ledcor Group of Companies.
In your new role you will collaborate with internal business units and stakeholders to strengthen relationships and provide strategic solutioning to meet the requirements of the organization. This role is also hands-on with VMWare and Database administration.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
This position can be based out of British Columbia or Alberta and is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required in office. Come join our True Blue team today by applying through the posting today.
- Responsible for the team management and administration of on-premise, virtualization, and storage infrastructure, to ensure solutions meet or exceed defined business requirements and operating metrics
- Oversee infrastructure monitoring and analysis, including reporting
- Ensure strict adherence to established change management process and procedures
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for existing and future infrastructure solutions, including the development of infrastructure policies, processes, and procedures
- Accountable for daily oversight of infrastructure team, including reporting and forecasting resource availability
- Providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship & identifying and encouraging areas of growth and improvement within the team
- Recruit, assess, and develop talent within this group to ensure that Ledcor has the best available resources to support this area
- Work with System Support team to educate and train them to be the skill pipeline for Technical Operations team
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as System Administration or Networking is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience of enterprise infrastructure operations including solution design and deployment, system and network administration, reporting and analysis & change management
- Experience in VMWare infrastructure in essential for this position
- Experience in Databases – Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure operations (virtual, physical, processing, networking, storage, monitoring)
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure administration (provisioning, administration, asset lifecycle management, process adherence)
- Experience in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Experience in analysis and reporting
- Excellent soft skills; interpersonal, collaboration
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Occasional event-related travel may be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Apr 11, 2023
1055 West Hastings St, Vancouver, BC, Canada