As the Operational Control Centre Manager (Dispatch Manager) with Summit Air, safety is the top priority, and the perks are endless!
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family
- Health & Dental Benefits that start the day you do and RRSP matching, so you and your family feel secure in the future
Click the link below to see what it’s like to work with our team:
Interested? Apply today to join our team in Yellowknife, NT!
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the OCC team.
- Provides direction and mentorship to OCC team as required.
- Develops, amends, maintains and ensures adherence to OCC policies, procedures and training pertaining to the Flight Follower function, in keeping with all safety, Transport Canada (TC), Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and company requirements.
- Ensure all department personnel are provided and current with the required training.
- Coordinates with the Director of Flight Operations (DFO) and Dispatch to ensure the Flight Dispatch Manual (FDM) is current and updated as necessary.
- Develops, amends and maintains Flight Operational System (FOS) procedures and work instructions to ensure it is meeting company requirements from OCC perspective.
- Presents operational activities at daily management meetings.
- Oversees the lifecycle charter management for each planned aircraft trip.
- Coordinates with clients with regards to charter requirements and progress.
- Coordinates with crews to ensure all charter information is relayed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures all necessary equipment is available for the expeditious loading and unloading of all aircraft.
- Perform emergency response duties as listed in Emergency Response and Preparedness Manual.
- Oversee OCC credit card purchases, approval and monthly reconciliation.
- Work closely as a strong team leader with Flight Operations team for all day-to-day activities.
- Liaises with the Flight Operations, Maintenance and other departments as required.
- Provides support services to OCC and Dispatch when necessary.
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum high school diploma; post-secondary education an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a dispatch position
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to anticipate problems and create solutions
- Strong relationship building skills with clients and stakeholders
- Ability to effectively utilize resources to maximize productivity
- Strong decision-making skills
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jun 30, 2023
27 Yellowknife Airport, 100 Dickins Street, Yellowknife, NT, Canada