As a Senior Estimator you will assume a leadership role overseeing and creating estimate packages in relation to quantity take offs, costing, sub trades solicitation and document control. As the Senior Estimator you will organize and implement estimating activities involved in preparing conceptual budgets, detailed estimates, cost studies, and competitive bids for both the U.S. and the Canada.
This is a hybrid position. We offer an industry-leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Vancouver today!
- Incorporates requirements from drawing specifications, terms and conditions into bid. Reviews unanswered complex RFI's and identifies appropriate bidding strategy.
- Performs quantity takeoffs for large, complex bids and oversees the quantity takeoff process, including review of takeoff summaries.
- Leads subcontractor and supplier solicitation. Recommends subcontractors to be put forward for award.
- Takes ownership of the estimate, reviewing and verifying direct and indirect costs. Assigns and manages bid package responsibilities.
- Reviews schedule and execution strategy and ensures alignment with the estimate.
- Leads estimate reviews and development of bid clarifications on large, complex projects.
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise with the estimating team.
- Mentor and develop estimators to understand the estimating process, acquire technical knowledge and gain increased knowledge in multiple disciplines of work.
- Develop and maintain alignment between LTS U.S. and Canada estimating teams.
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering, Telecom or related education
- 8+ years estimating and or related construction experience in outside plant/civil/telecommunications industries in a variety of complex multidiscipline projects
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office and related estimating software.
- Thorough technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment; thorough understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess their completeness
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop project schedule
- Ability to close complex tenders/bids and proposals
- Ability to create and maintain formal networks internally and externally; ability to explain and present complex ideas while influencing others
- Experience in the telecommunications sector, including outside plant.
- Experience in gas and wireless would be an asset.
- Knowledge of InEight Estimate would be an asset.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
May 15, 2023
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada