As an Estimator you will oversee and create estimate packages in relation to quantity take offs, costing, sub trades solicitation and document control. Your years of estimating experience have equipped you for this dynamic opportunity; you will autonomously organize and implement estimating activities involved in preparing conceptual budgets, detailed estimates, cost studies, and competitive bids in both the Canada and the U.S.
This is a hybrid position. We offer an industry-leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Vancouver today!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions
- Assists in contacting trades and suppliers regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings
- Produces quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate as directed, while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation
- Performs complete and detailed estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing and presentation of the estimate for management review
- Assists in developing the schedule on which the estimate is built, requests input from the project team and sub trades
- Actively reviews bid scopes for proper subcontractor compliance with project requirements.
- Assists in the selection and maintenance of subcontractors within a database
- Provides guidance for non-estimating personnel on their estimating related requirements.
- Is actively aware of costs related to own work and associated projects, and assists with input to the estimating team on financial cost matters.
- Interfaces and communicates (written and oral) with the estimating team, and all levels of management, industry contacts, and contacts subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering, Telecom or related education
- 2-4 years of estimating and or related construction experience in outside plant/civil/telecommunications industries in a variety of complex multidiscipline projects
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to assist construction document review.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule on smaller less complex projects.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office and related estimating software.
- Ability to identify problems/issues, looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and generates new solutions to complex problems
- Communicates effectively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Willing to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
- Has acquired the ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, project deadlines and locations
- Experience in gas and wireless sectors considered an asset
- Knowledge of InEight Estimate would be an asset
- Ability to close complex tenders/bids and proposals
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
May 15, 2023
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada