You are a Fibre optic splicer/Tester responsible for the installation, splicing and testing of fibre optic installations. You are a part of a team who enjoys working outside building the backbone for telecommunication services. As a Fibre optic splicer/tester you take pride in ensuring installations are completed and functioning properly while adhering to all fibre splicing practices and procedures.
Apply Now! Join LTS Build Services Ltd. in Belleville, Ontario today!
- Splices and tests fiber optic cabling in buried, aerial, and building applications.
- Takes pride in analyzing and troubleshooting technical problems and/or issues
- Reviews, interprets, and works with various maps, drawings, blueprints and testing documents
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, aerial, and building work locations
- Adheres to field inspection quality control standards & documents in buried, aerial, and building applications
- Experience building a variety of different splice enclosures PLP Dome, Coyote Runts, MPC, and all Tyco series
- Familiar installing and splicing with fibre patch panels, various FPPA’s, WSB, P1000, FMS, CSP and other building applications.
- Experience using various types of fibre equipment; single and ribbon fusion sets, live fibre identifier, visual fault locator, power metres, 2K generator, OTDR and fibre scope.
- Ability to splice both loosetube and ribbon fibres
- Utilize ribbonizing techniques for mass fusion
- 2-4 years of experience as a Fiber optic splicer/tester
- Familiarity with safety procedures when working aloft and in confined spaces
- Ability to climb poles with hooks and belt is an asset
- Knowledge of safe work practices involving confined space entry is an asset
- Ability to work independently with good organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to read and understand customer provided drawings along with daily completion of redline drawings, time, and production logs
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Must have and maintain a clean driver’s abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment background checks (drivers abstract\license)
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
- Fits provided by Construction Workers Union, CLAC Local 68.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.).
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
May 18, 2023
169 Front Street, Belleville, ON, Canada