Are you tired of being on the road? Looking to be home at night and to be a bigger part of your community? Ledcor Highway Maintenance has long-term stable career opportunities. With guaranteed long-term contracts of at least 7 years in length, Ledcor offers you the stability of year-round or seasonal employment, and the chance to make long-term plans all while being part of a great team dedicated to safe operations and keeping our highways and communities safe.
We are looking for enthusiastic and team-oriented people to join our team that helps keep our Ontario provincial Highways safe. You are an experienced Heavy Equipment Technician/Mechanic. This will be a full-time permanent position at Ledcor for you if you enjoy troubleshooting and repairing mobile equipment. You are looking for a steady, consistent schedule in a safe work environment. You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing various types of construction, maintenance equipment and plow/sanding trucks. We offer industry-leading wages, excellent training, benefits, and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Join Ledcor’s Highway team today!
Click on the link below to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Ledcor Highways team in various locations across the Sault Ste. Marie CDMC.
- Performs maintenance and repair of heavy construction and maintenance equipment such as loaders, dozers, excavators, graders, pavers, compactors, plow/sanding trucks and light support gear
- Follows manufacturer and internal maintenance programs and inspection procedures
- Engages and participates in Ledcor safety policies and procedures
- Completes maintenance records and documentation as required
- Must have a Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician ticket (on road and off road), or be an experienced, registered Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician from a recognized provincial authority
- Experience rebuilding/repairing Caterpillar, John Deer, Western Star, and Freightliner equipment would be an asset.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and ability to provide a clean 3-year driver's abstract
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions which may be accompanied by sketches and diagrams.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Licensed MVIS mechanic would be an asset
- Previous experience working with heavy civil construction and/or highway paving and highway maintenance equipment (i.e. snowplows) would be an asset
- Highway truck experience would be an asset
- Experience with Rexroth systems would be an asset
- As we respond to various weather patterns, some shift work, on-call, and night shift may be required in addition to scheduled patrols
- Benefits & RSPs to be provided
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
May 24, 2023
., Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada