You are an experienced Superintendent / construction manager in Alberta, with an expertise in telecommunication and or utility construction. You are responsible for day-to-day field operations, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. As the Fibre to the Premise Superintendent, you will also be ensuring safety and quality control. Throughout the project, you will be responsible for working directly with the contractors on their delivery of telecom services.
This is a temporary 4–6-month position. We offer an industry-leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
Join our Technical Services team in High Level, Alberta today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S / OSHA Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and design drawings while making certain that high quality standards are maintained
- Conducts site meets with the City for road occupancy permits and with locators to ensure correct areas are being marked
- Manages material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to field team
- Supervises sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverables
- 2-5+ years of telecom or utility construction experience
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices
- Facilitation and mentoring skills; is able to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations as they arise
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building
- Knowledge of various pieces of construction equipment and their operating capabilities (i.e. directional drills, vac trucks, road cut saws etc.)
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Strong knowledge of construction documents (including utility plans and maps), contracts, costs, and budgets
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpreting their needs and identifying solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs; intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Clean drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- 20 on-7 off working rotation.
- Travel, accommodation and meal allowance provided
- Site based position in High Level Alberta
- Travel to the surrounding communities
- This role requires working outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
May 24, 2023
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada