Your experience as an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic ensures you provide safe and cost-effective maintenance for heavy mobile equipment, both in the field and in the workshop.
Become a member of our team today! The successful candidate must be willing to work in either Ontario or British Columbia
- Safe & cost-effective maintenance of heavy mobile equipment.
- Provide support to PM Mechanics and Maintenance technicians.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs on Cat, Komatsu & Hitachi Equipment.
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily field level hazard assessments for all activities.
- Complete maintenance reporting and other documentation as required.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members.
- Be a leader of both safety and production for the team by ensuring compliance with all company, client, and legislated safety policies and procedures.
- Minimum two years of experience as a heavy mobile equipment mechanic on heavy civil mine site.
- Experience with Cat, Komatsu & Hitachi equipment is required.
- Must have computer skills to access equipment faults.
- Ability to troubleshoot engine, transmission & hydraulic issues.
- Ability to communicate equipment problems to supervisors.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Applicants who reside in BC or Ontario will be given preference due to the locations of these projects (Kitimat, BC & Rainy River, Ontario)
- Must be open to night shifts
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverage)
May 26, 2023
500 Donald St East, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada