You are an experienced Environmental Coordinator/inspector or Environmental Compliance Officer with expertise in large infrastructure projects. You will perform monitoring and reporting duties associated with our Environmental Management System and Environmental Management Plans, Permits, Licenses and Approvals designed to manage environmental compliance around water, air, soil quality and environmentally sensitive areas and species. You will be responsible for all aspects regarding the safeguarding of the environment associated with regular operations and contract obligations and applicable laws and regulations.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our Infrastructure team in Toronto, Ontario!
- Establish control measures that may impact air quality, land management, site inspection, waste management, water quality and wildlife management and all environmental matters and related issues in support of the project
- Coordinate spill response and clean up for onsite spills
- Prepare environmental progress reports, erosion and sedimentation control plans, and other environmental documentation as required
- Perform Environmental Hazard Assessments and develop Safe Work Practices and Best Management Practices when required by project team or client
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring activities to coincide with construction activities
- Facilitate meetings and/or training sessions to ensure team is aware of the environmental protection plan and procedures
- Maintain a full understanding of the environmental requirements, including necessary permits and authorizations, best management practices, and the requirements of the Environmental Management Plan and Environmental Work Plans are in place. Work with operations
- Development and/or execution of Site training, toolbox talks, Team presentations
- Develop the project environmental response team and ensure implementation of measures to protect the environment as indicated in the project specifications
- Apply proactive environmental programs and strategies that ensure all effluents and waste generated by construction activities are disposed of in an authorized manner
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in an Environmental science discipline (i.e. Environmental Engineering, Biology, Ecology, Geography, Forestry, Agriculture, Environmental Studies)
- 5+ years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program for large construction projects
- Proven knowledge of relevant environmental legislation, standards, and effective industry practices
- Understanding of Ontario Regulation 153/04 406/19 and Ontario Regulation 347
- Understanding of waste management, groundwater management and permits such as a Permit to Take Water and Environmental Activity Sector Registry.
- A team player with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Mix of field and office responsibilities throughout the year in varying weather and Site conditions.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and nights
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
344 Bathurst St,