You are an experienced Inspector, with exposure to major civil projects. You will play a key role in the successful delivery of the project. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our Infrastructure team in Toronto, Ontario!
- Perform field inspections; erosion and sedimentation controls, turbidity monitoring, noise and vibration, air quality, soil management, groundwater and stormwater management, invasive species monitoring, Tree Cut Permitting, Conservation Authority, and Permit to Take Water/Environmental Activity Sector Registry Permitting
- Familiar with construction excavation, trenching, Environmental Site Assessments, as well as concrete washout management, piling, structural erection and earthworks
- Review inspection and testing results for conformity to requirements
- Collaborate with Operations and provide input on the Quality requirements for the development of Detailed Execution Plans; clearly identifying the required inspections, hold points, tests and required documentation
- Understand and interpret applicable contract documents, codes of construction and regulatory standards
- Presents information clearly and in appropriate style and makes technical information clear
- Schedules inspection and testing resources to support the requirements of operations
- Ensures all Inspection and Testing equipment is managed in accordance with the equipment calibration requirements
- Ensure non-conforming work is being managed in accordance with the project quality issues reporting procedures
- Monitors the project schedule to ensure inspection and testing activities are completed to support operations requirements
- Manage and maintain Quality Document Logs
- Effectively communicates revisions to drawings, codes, and/or specifications
- Reviews, reports and act on performance metrics
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of environmental standards, regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- 3+ years and/or CAN-CISEC certification for Construction Erosion and Sedimentation Control Inspections
- 3+ years of field experience in environmental monitoring in a construction environment is preferred
- Experience with excess soil management and reporting
- Exposure to coordinating inspections of offsite suppliers and subcontractors is essential
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems experience is a plus
- Strong computer background, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive and team-oriented approach to work
- Field responsibilities throughout the year in varying weather and site conditions
- Availability to work occasional evenings and nights
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
May 26, 2023
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada