You are an experienced Industrial Electrical Superintendent, fully competent in the profession who will assume a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff, trades, sub-contractors and will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations. Our Industrial division is expanding and working on some very exciting projects valued at over $200 million, all across British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Your responsibilities will include safety and environmental, quality control, developing and implementing agreed upon field project plans and schedule, delegation of work to field staff, sub-contractors and trades people ensuring that projects are completed safely, on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join the Ledcor team today!
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by Ledcor's corporate safety manual. In-depth knowledge of and application of safety, environmental principles, procedures and legislation.
- Hires and manages hourly employees as required to complete the project in consultation with the Construction / Project Managers.
- Supervising, training, and mentoring the project team, including direct and indirect reports.
- Communicating with staff, trades and sub-contractors to ensure that safety, execution performance, productivity, and quality requirements are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, applicable building codes, and that efficiency in labour and materials maintain high quality standards.
- Review and understand the project contract and subcontracts, develop a plan that identifies and mitigates risks and maximizes opportunities to ensure all financial budgets, forecasts, and profitability levels are met.
- Develop and implement resource loaded 30, 60, and 90 day look ahead schedules that meet the overall Project schedule.
- Reviews, maintains and updates the construction schedule and ensures milestone and completion dates are met.
- Ability to lead and run effective safety, site schedule and productivity meetings with the trades, sub-contractors and client
- Plans and executes system completion and system turnover
- Maintaining project correspondence and complying with Ledcor's documentation requirements
- Developing and maintain strong customer focused relationships with all stakeholders
- Lead the solution provider and profitability culture of Ledcor
- Journeyperson certificate, or postsecondary diploma/engineering.
- Previous experience as a General Foreperson, Superintendent, or similar direct supervisory role.
- Strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals.
- Experience on major industrial projects $50M+ in size.
- Familiar with industrial construction methodology and practices including advanced workface planning.
- Understanding of industrial documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform.
- Strong understanding of all the construction trades with specific expertise in electrical
- Experienced in all aspects of planning and executing an industrial construction electrical scope including: temp. power, cable tray installations, planning/executing a large cable pull program, and the installation of electrical equipment/panels including set up, installations, terminations, testing, and turnover
- Experienced in leading and managing a LOTO system on an industrial construction site
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple scopes of a construction project, including scheduling, monitoring, and coordinating own staff, trades and sub-contractors with three-week lookahead schedules that meet the overall project schedule.
- Able to focus on developing long term partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure our contributions to their continuing success
- Influence client and/or organizational leadership to accomplish operational objectives
- Anticipate problems or challenges, propose innovative solutions, and ensure solutions are consistent with project and company objectives
- Travel with full time project location to be determined in Western Canada Project specific.
- Site based role, rotational shift will be assigned
- Ability to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and travel away from home will be required.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Jul 10, 2023
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada