As a HS&E Coordinator, you are responsible for supporting operational teams as they apply the Health, Safety and environmental practices at work locations and project sites. This role focuses on the health and safety fundamentals in the workplace, is the agent of change, positively influencing the safe execution of work, coaching, and verifying alignment to the HS&E Management System.
You will contribute and work with the teams to capture the Leading indicators that form an essential part of due diligence and recognition as the business reports their progress against the Key Performance Calendar. To support continuous improvement, you will participate in the review and development of HS&E processes, Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents to cautiously improve and stay aligned with changing legislation. This position is part of a wider HS&E team under the guidance of HS&E Leadership and you will benefit from Ledcor’s HS&E Professional Competency Program.
Join our Technical Services team in Southwestern Ontario - Hamilton, Brantford, Beachville & Woodstock. Apply today!
- Able to coach and mentor operational teams on health & safety fundamentals in the workplace.
- Able to provide guidance and clarification to operations management on the Ledcor HS&E programs.
- Able to convey improvement opportunities in existing processes and documentation.
- Participates in fact-based incident investigation and management.
- Acquires clear competence and understanding in executing Ledcor HS&E program in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out)
- Able to support the planning of toolbox talks and Safety meetings.
- Develops and enhances Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on experience, business knowledge and existing materials.
- Seeks to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients.
- Practices attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding.
- Obtains basic understanding of HS&E functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices.
- Have experience working with a unionized workforce.
- 3+ years relevant industry Health and Safety experience
- OH&S certificate or diploma preferred.
- Fully qualified CSO or NCSO
- Skilled in MSOffice suite, comfortable with using and deploying technology to drive efficiencies and innovation.
- Driving license and clean license with no infractions
- Able to self-motivate, plan work based on the operational lookahead and identify work that presents a higher risk to the business unit.
- Aptitude towards taking the initiative with processes, rather than waiting to be directed.
- Able to act with customer in mind by understanding requirements and participating in client meetings.
- Able to work independently as the HS&E subject matter expert within an operational team.
- Understands his/her role in achieving HS&E results (Planning and Execution abilities)
- Demonstrates a competent level of communication skills and behaviors with site employee, site management and corporate representatives/management.
- Able to ensure HS&E requirements have been met and able to facilitate others in best practices in the execution of HS&E processes.
- Able to recognize and is comfortable in dealing with uncertainty.
- Follows defined processes and boundaries provided by Ledcor HSE program and relevant OH&S (or equivalent) legislation to be able to make appropriate, timely decisions in consultation with others.
- Learns quickly and enjoys challenge of unfamiliar tasks or information.
- Gains trust and support of peers with HS&E and Operations
- Pursues matters with drive and urgency to finish (e.g., Doesn’t shirk personal responsibility – able to lead operations group in HS&E decision – willing to stand up and be counted)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Sep 22, 2023
., Brantford, ON, Canada