As the 407 Technical Lead AME you will be responsible for helping facilitate a team of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers or Apprentices, as well as performing individually scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft and to carry out certification of the aircraft for flight (maintenance release).
This position plans, directs and oversees the activities of Bell 407 projects. This position will require scheduled shift as an engineer on the Air Ambulance program. The position will also assist the Director of Maintenance in any given functional area of the operation controlled by the Maintenance Control Manuals (MCM)/Maintenance Policy Manuals (MPM).
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family
- Health & Dental Benefits that start the day you do and RRSP matching, so you and your family feel secure in the future
- A flexible rotation so you get to spend time doing what you love with those who matter most
Interested? Apply today to join our team in Kamloops, BC!
- Conducts maintenance on aircraft, aircraft components, aircraft ground support equipment, and operational equipment as directed by the Director, Maintenance.
- Performs all maintenance activities in accordance with the applicable standards of airworthiness.
- Ensures all paperwork for assigned tasks is complete and accurate.
- Ensures the proper recording of parts and labour.
- Develops methods of monitoring and improving productivity.
- Provides the company with direction and policy with respect to aircraft and the required equipment
- Ensures all maintenance alerts and memos are read, understood and complied with.
- Identifies possible Service Difficulty Report (SDR) situations.
- Troubleshoots faulty systems to determine root cause, corrective action and follow-up.
- Establishes and maintains adequate parts/ material/ provisions for all aircraft, support equipment, maintenance facilities, and field operations.
- Carries out the applicable maintenance release of an aircraft.
- Travels with an aircraft and apprentice / mechanic if it is assigned away from base for an extended period of time as required.
- Assists with component overhaul, sheet metal repairs, and avionics repairs as needed.
- Possess a valid Transport Canada AME M1 and M2 License
- Have a Transport Canada Historical Record (pre-Civil Aircraft Register) of endorsements held and/or have held Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) for at least five years
- Hold a valid Canadian Passport and possess a valid driver’s license
- Previous maintenance management and supervisory experience required
- Previous experience on single and multi-engine medium aircraft including light turbine helicopters. (Bell, 412 series, and Bell 407 is a requirement.)
Summit Helicopters, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, delivers helicopter aviation solutions with one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. Learn more at www.summithelicopters.ca
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Aug 29, 2023
2975 Airport Road, Kamloops, BC, Canada