You have field experience executing projects and/or estimating with a background in Mechanical. In this role, you will perform, and lead quantity take offs, cost analysis and competitive bid management while utilizing current estimating software. You will prepare lump sum, unit rate and cost-plus estimates for a broad range of projects. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
This is a hybrid position and you will be required to work from the Edmonton Campus location located at 7008 Roper Road a minimum of 3 days a week.
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with the estimating team, operations team, with all levels of management, clients, and industry contacts.
- Shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules, and regulations.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review.
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules, and regulations.
- Lead and perform quantity take-offs for discipline specific areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes following all applicable Ledcor policies and procedures.
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Estimating, Engineering, Red Seal Journeyperson certificate or related education/experience.
- 3+years of related experience.
- Knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques, and equipment.
- An understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess the level of completeness.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office, Bluebeam, InEight Estimate, Primavera P6, and related software.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to promote teamwork by motivating, coaching, and guiding others.
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment including working remotely, in an office setting or at site during site visits.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Aug 21, 2023
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada