As a Superintendent, your role is crucial in ensuring the smooth operation of construction sites, with a focus on completing projects within budget and on time. Leveraging your experience and expertise, you'll implement project plans, prioritize safety and quality, and delegate tasks effectively to the field team and other workers.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RRSP and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor. Apply today to join our Building Construction team in Calgary!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance with Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program.
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with the project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Issues material and services purchase orders and confirm receipt of materials and return of equipment.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes high-quality quality standards are maintained.
- Supervises field employees, makes sure their work is planned and performed efficiently and makes sure their timesheets are accurately coded.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, and inspections.
- 3 to 8 years of construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role.
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification/education program.
- Working knowledge of health, safety, and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes.
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Experience working with construction documents, contracts, costs, and budgets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders’ needs and identify solutions.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with scheduling software
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Nov 17, 2023
1100 - 1st Street SE, Calgary, AB, Canada