You are a seasoned Supervisor that will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the day-to-day highway maintenance operations of the highway maintenance shop and yard. You will be responsible for ensuring adherence to Ledcor’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards, assignment of work to field employees, achievement of Ledcor’s quality objectives and have financial responsibility for the Shop with support from the leadership team.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Click on the link below to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Ledcor Highways team in Entwistle, AB!
- Ensure highway maintenance operations are well organized, coordinated and executed in compliance with client and regulatory requirements, meeting established timeframes, budget and in accordance with performance specifications
- Manage and coordinates all resource requirements for maintenance work including personnel, equipment, materials, etc.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are completed in accordance with performance milestones and targets
- Supervise, coach and develop personnel and addresses employee performance and development issues and requirements including conducting performance reviews, employee discipline and identifying training needs.
- Ensure strict adherence to all Ledcor’s safety programs and policies
- Understand the CMS as a framework for quality management of business operations and service delivery
- Participate in the annual development of highway maintenance budgets, and performs regular financial reviews
- Other duties as required
- 1-5 years of experience in Highway Maintenance or Roadbuilding, with several years in a leadership capacity
- Knowledge of highway maintenance operational practices, processes and techniques
- Ability to plan and manage a maintenance and service schedule
- Previous experience managing within a unionized environment
- Understanding of highways maintenance contracts with the ability to ensure that they are followed
- Strong understanding of cost management and budget forecasting
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience an asset
- Must have a valid Class 5 license and clean 3 year driver’s record. Preference will be given to applicants with a Class 1 or 3 license
- Applicants that reside in Entwistle, AB will be given preference due to the nature of the work
- On-call work may be required
- Work will be outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Aug 29, 2023
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada