Working in the Marine industry, safety is the top priority, and the perks are endless! If you’re a Master looking to leverage your experience in a rewarding environment, joining Ledcor could be for you!
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can live comfortably
- Health & Dental Benefits and RRSP matching, so you can plan for your future
Click the link below to see what it’s like to work with Ledcor Marine:
Interested? Apply today to join our Marine team in Richmond, BC!
*This role requires a knowledge of local tides and waters on the Fraser River*
- Ensures the vessel crew meets Ledcor Health, Safety and Environmental Standards and follows safe operating procedures
- Operational control and knowledge of tugboat in all aspects of towing barges and ship assists
- Interacts closely with crew and management and manages the day-to-day operation of vessel and crew
- Communicates with shore-based team to promote efficiency and safety in the entire operation
- May perform other duties including operating heavy machinery as required
- Knowledge of local tides and waters on the Fraser River
- 3 to 5 years' sea service towing barges and/or towing logs on the Fraser River and the BC Coast
- Must have a minimum 60 GT Domestic Certificate of Competency and preferably a 150 GT Domestic Certificate of Competency
- The Company may require Certificates of Competency to be upgraded from 60 GT to 150 GT to meet operational needs
- The Company will support the cost of training for those who are required to upgrade their 60 GT Certificate of Competency to a 150 GT Certificate
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Medical Certificate, Marine Basic First Aid or Marine Advanced First Aid
- Marine Emergency Duties for Officers (MED C) or Marine Emergency Duties for Senior Officers (MED D)
- Valid Canadian passport
- Knowledge of relevant Port Authority operations, procedures and regulations and demonstrated competence in Collision Regulations (Canada Shipping Act 2001) and familiarity with international shipping regulations
- Must have experience navigating and operating twin screw vessels on the Fraser River, particularly North Arm and South (Main) Arm
- Familiarity with Fraser River bridges and bridge transit restrictions from Marpole to Mission
- Knowledge, familiarity and demonstrated skill in maintaining vessel machinery and navigation electronics
- Must have Coastal experience at a minimum from Victoria to Campbell River
- Must be familiar with towing tandem barges in tight quarters under couplers and tandem towing on deep sea gear
- Strong communication, supervisory, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent tug/barge safety record and demonstrated boat handling skills
- Ability to meet Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol testing requirements
- Scheduled shift rotation
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Handling heavy lines and wire bridles and operating heavy machinery (deck and anchor winches) from time to time
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
Learn more about our Marine Group at http://www.ledcor.com/what-we-do/transportation/marine.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Aug 30, 2023
11171 River Road, Richmond, BC, Canada