You are a dynamic and self-motivated HS&E Coordinator. You are an experienced HS&E professional who excels in partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet and exceed Ledcor’s safety standards on project sites.
You are looking to diversify your experience with a company that has a strong safety culture that goes above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader. You can expect to work on challenging projects with diverse and collaborative teams and play a key role in the execution and implementation of Ledcor’s health and safety programs.
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family
- Health & Dental Benefits right from your start date and RRSP matching, so you and your family feel secure in the future
Apply today to join the Ledcor’s Construction team in Toronto, Ontario!
- Provide advice to operations regarding Ledcor's Health and Safety Management System, based on a solid understanding of program execution throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitor compliance with jurisdictional regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the coordination and completion of safe work procedures, hazard assessments, safety inspections, focus audits and incident investigations. Verify implementation of any identified corrective actions, as required.
- Verify compliance with leading and lagging indicators, including subcontractors.
- Conduct the HS&E Orientation to employees and subcontractors during project onboarding.
- Support the coordination, organization and delivery of project toolbox talks and safety meetings.
- Maintain a good working relationship with project teams, subcontractors, clients and suppliers.
- 4+ years of related work experience in the residential or commercial industry in a safety role. Strong consideration will be given to candidates with high-rise construction experience.
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety is preferred.
- NCSO or CRSP preferred, or at least eligible.
- An understanding of the OHSA and the Construction Regulations 213/91.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Computer background including experience with MS Office. Experience using Procore and/or Prolog highly regarded.
- Capable of adapting information/style to the audience, explains difficult information clearly and influences and persuades others towards consensus agreement in straightforward situations.
- Project site based position.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Oct 21, 2023
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada