Are you a Heavy Equipment Technician/Mechanic who…
Is looking for a long-term stable career with a company that prioritizes health and safety?
Wants to be part of an exceptional organization who helps keeps our roads and infrastructure safe for your neighbours and loved ones?
Enjoys troubleshooting and repairing a wide variety of mobile equipment?
We offer industry-leading wages, excellent training, benefits, and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
If this sounds like you, click on the link below to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Ledcor Highway Maintenance team in the Wawa, Ontario and surrounding area.
- Perform maintenance and repair of heavy construction and maintenance equipment such as plow/sanding trucks, loaders, and light support gear
- Follow manufacturer and internal maintenance programs and inspection procedures
- Engage and participate in Ledcor safety policies and procedures
- Complete maintenance records and documentation as required
- Must have a Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician ticket (on road and off road), or be an experienced, registered Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician from a recognized provincial authority
- Previous experience working with heavy civil construction and/or highway paving and highway maintenance equipment (i.e. snowplows) would be an asset
- Licensed MVI mechanic would be an asset
- Must have a valid Driver's License and ability to provide a 3-year driver's abstract
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions which may be accompanied by sketches and diagrams
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- As we respond to various weather patterns, some shift work, on-call, and night shift may be required in addition to scheduled patrols
- Work will be based in Wawa with travel to various field operations
- Company vehicle will be provided for travelling to various sites including Hornepayne, White River and Chapleau, ON.
- Benefits provided by CLAC (Health, Dental, RSP and Pension)
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Nov 17, 2023
., White River, ON, Canada